Hi, my name is Charlie Russell. and I’ve always been interested in wildflower pictures. There are many wonderful places that offer easy day hikes where you can see a huge variety of wildflowers. In this blog I hope to share information about some of the hikes that I’ve taken.
Initially this blog was called “California Wildflower Hikes”, as that was my focus. In 2015 I decided to expand this to add wildflower spots throughout the United States, and a few from other countries I have visited. And, I’m adding some articles about other kinds of places I’ve visited, where wildflowers aren’t necessarily the focus.
As far as wildflowers, this is not intended to be a “wildflower hotline” where you can find up to the minute reports on where to find wildflower displays at the time that they are blooming. There are other sites that do this, but there also is concern because these “hotlines” can bring in large crowds of people who may trample on the flowers and trespass on private property. Please, if you take one of these hikes, be respectful of private property and take only pictures.
For more up-to-date information see my California Wildflower Hikes Facebook page.
Purchasing Photos: Many of my photos are available to purchase, as prints, canvases and other formats. Please visit my photo galleries at Charlie Russell Nature Photography.
Flower Identification: I’m not a professional botanist. Whenever I believe I have identified a plant I’ll post my best guess. Feel free to correct me or to fill in the blanks when I say “I don’t know what this is”.
Privacy: The privacy of our visitors is important to me. I recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information that this site receives and collects when you use my blog, and how I safeguard your information.
- I will never sell your personal information to third parties. As with most other websites, this one collects and uses the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include; your IP (internet protocal) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit this site, the time you visited this site and which pages you visited throughout this site.
- I do work with advertisers in this site to help defray the cost of running it. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on this site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited. If you would like If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Disclaimer: I don’t charge you for the information in this blog. No subscription fee, no membership fee. I would like to be able to retire off of the income that this blog generates, but that is very unlikely. I probably spend WAY too much time writing this. If I were a cost accountant (and I definately am not) then I would find that I am earning an insanely small amount per hour that I put into this things. HAVING SAID THAT, I do earn a few dollars from this. So, full disclosure:
- I may run paid ads on the web site. I’m very happy if you click on these ads, because that makes my advertisers money and they will then want to continue paying me. I am very picky about what ads I run, but I’m not necessarily endorsing those products.
- I also use Google Adsense and other kinds of ads. Again, I’m happy if you click on those once in awhile.
- I’m an Amazon Affiliate, and if you click on one of those links and buy something I get a fee.
- I may use other affiliate links for some products that I have reviewed or referenced. Affiliate links earn us a small commission on any purchases that anyone makes when they visit the vendor web site after clicking on one of our links.
I hope that this doesn’t annoy or affend you. I will state, categorically, that my choice of products to review is NOT affected by the existence of an ad or affiliate program, and that these fees do NOT affect my review. If I like the product, I’ll say so. If the product has warts, I’ll expose them (if I find them).